Special Projects and Programming Manager
Period: 30 weeks
Description : Full-time contract – Variable hours
Remuneration : $13.70/h; 40h/week, as per the requirements of Emploi Québec
Important Dates: Opening: March 18, Launch: May 3, Festival: May 28, 29 and 30 2021
Reporting to the Director General of the Festival, the Special Projects and Programming Manager will realize the following key tasks:
- Support the management of the Bédélys Awards including the organization of events and working with artists, jurys, and press.
- Participate in the organization of an international comics conference, planned for October 2021
- Assure the smooth administration of programming
- Assist in the editing of the Festival’s program, descriptions, website, and communications
- Support the preparation of logistics before and during the festival
- Be present for the entirety of the Festival weekend,
- Participate in Organizer meetings,
- Maintain updated information on the Zone Festival platform
- All other connected tasks.
- Letter of eligibility from Emploi Québec’s for the Salary Subsidy program
- University training in management of cultural organizations or equivalent
- Understanding of the publishing industry
- Basic experience in editing and project management
- Excellent command of French and English
- Available for additional hours in April and May and the entire FBDM weekend
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office suite software, and and understanding of graphic design
- Knowledge of Zone Festival software is a plus
- Knowledge of the Quebec comic book industry is a plus
Thoroughness and rigor, sense of organization, spirit of initiative, adaptability, ease of written communication, ability to work alone, able to work on several projects at the same time and to work under pressure.
To apply, please send your CV and a cover letter to email@example.com
Without volunteers, there would be no Festival. Join us to meet exceptional people and witness firsthand an event designed on behalf of authors and comic arts lovers.
Volunteer hours are flexible, our team is energetic and the Festival is set in a friendly, respectful and warm environment. Play a major role in one of the most remarkable cultural activities of the city. You won’t regret it, we promise!
Volunteer registration for 2020 are now closed. Stay tuned for the next ones!
For any questions, you can write to firstname.lastname@example.org.