COVID-19: MCAF Update


COVID-19: MCAF Update

Information as of March 17, 2020

In light of the ongoing developments relating to public events and the Covid-19 pandemic, we would like to take a moment to inform you about potential impacts on this year’s edition of MCAF, scheduled to take place in May.

The MCAF team is closely following all advice and warnings provided by the federal and provincial governments as we formulate our strategy for this year’s Festival. At the moment, current guidelines for closures of public events are expected to be temporary, and are not currently expected to be in place during the month of May. With this in mind, we are continuing to prepare for this year’s Festival, which is still expected to take place on the announced dates of May 22-24, 2020.

However, we are very aware that the situation may be different for certain exhibitors, depending on their unique situation. With this in mind, we will allow any exhibitor who wishes to cancel their participation in this year’s Festival. We will reimburse the full amount of any exhibitor fees already paid for this year’s event. If you wish to cancel your participation in MCAF 2020 or have any questions, please write us at:

Any decision to cancel or reschedule this year’s Festival will not be taken lightly. We are very aware of the financial toil such an action could have on our exhibitors and participating artists. We will keep you informed as we move forward and as new information becomes available to us.
In the meantime, we invite you to take good care of yourselves.

Please carefully follow government guidelines, share our Ulule crowdfunding campaign, and read lots of comics!